Friday, October 10, 2008

Blogging is Harder Than it Seems

Ok…So for me personally, there hasn’t been a whole lot of new stuff going on. However this week my church had its annual school release crusade. Ken Freeman came and spoke again this year. I think we have had him four or five times. To be honest, before he came, I wasn’t really looking forward to hearing him speak. It make it simple, I have heard him speak numerous times, so I have heard all of his stories to many times to count. So I was thinking its just going to be the same stuff again this year. But I was quite wrong. It was truly refreshing. We had well over 100 people give their lives to Christ, which is obviously an incredible total for less than a week.

It was so nice just to be able to go to a Christian event and for the most part, get away from the drama of this world, and everything surrounding it. I have been so caught up lately with the election and all the crap that goes with it. I work for a credit union so I have been around all the junk that has been going on with the economy and watching people who are truly struggling right now. I have seen people that actually work hard and are trying desperately to keep their lives going right now, and things just keep getting worse.

Ken talked last night about how people are looking for answers, answers to life’s though questions. He brought an actual door up on stage and talked about how people are looking for “a door”. A door they can walk through and find all those answers. He then made the comparison of the door to our hearts. About how Jesus stands at the door and knocks and wants to lead us to a new life if we will only allow Him. Earlier in the week Jake Gulledge, who led worship for us, sang a song that was really simple lyrically, but had much deeper meaning to it. It started with, “When I rise in the morning, just give me Jesus”. The song used the line “just give me Jesus”, repeatedly.

I haven’t been depending on Christ as much as I should lately. To be honest I have been in a real funk this week. Every night we went to the Crusade, I didn’t really want to go, but when I got there is was like, “why did I not want to come?”. I thought that basically I knew what was going to happen every night, and was being selfish with my time. I had the attitude of, “well I’m saved, why should I go?”. But it was about so much more than that. It was about a body of believers coming together and just sharing in the joy of Christ and the joy of seeing people come to Him and realizing how much they need Him. I haven’t been waking up in the morning and saying, “give me Jesus”. I have been waking up saying give me more sleep, give my Sportscenter, give me video games, give me FANTASY FOOTBALL. I know that both of my blogs so far have been pretty serious, and that is not usually how I am, but I started this blog so I could get some of these thoughts and feeling out there, and not keeping them bottled up inside. If you know me at all, then you know I am a really fun-loving guy, who is always wanting to have fun, and pretty much never be serious.

But like I said I have been struggling with some stuff lately. I think I finally figured out it was because I have not been waking up saying give me Jesus, give me the love of my wife, give me the Word of God, give me the joy of being able to share the love of Christ with someone. God gave me the greatest wife in the world, and I have taken that for granted WAY to much this week. She is an incredible woman not only in her looks, but with her heart, she loves God and she loves me, and I should always be able to find joy in that, because that is something God gave me to find His joy. I hope that anybody reading this, will take a quick lesson, and just start asking for Jesus, every morning, every night. No matter what we are doing, or how busy we are, we need to be asking for Jesus, and taking joy in His love.

I’m really not to sure what the overall point of this blog is other than what I have already said, and honestly I’m not to sure how to finish it. This blogging stuff is a lot harder than it seems! Be an example.

No comments: